Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI) has launched a new app mAadhaar. So, Aadhaar card holders will now be able to carry their information on their smartphones. The app developed by UIDAI will carry demographic information like name, date of birth, gender and address.
From July 1, PAN – Aadhaar linking had been made mandatory for filing income tax returns. So, Let’s have a look at What is mAadhaar, How to use it and What you can do with it.
Read Article: Best Smartphones Under Rs.10,000
What is mAadhar app?
mAadhaar is official mobile application developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to Aadhaar Number Holders to carry their demographic information like Name, Date of Birth, Gender & Address along with photograph as linked with their Aadhaar Number in smart phones.
|Updated||17th July 2017|
|Required Android||4.4 or up|
|Offered by||Unique Identification Authority of India|
How to Download mAadhar App ?
First of all, you need to have Android phone to use mAadhar app. Currently, mAadhar app is available only on Android mobiles with Android version 4.4 or higher.
- Download mAadhar app from here.
- Also, You can go to playstore and search for mAadhar app.
- You will find the following screen on your phone.
- Now, Click on install.
- App will start downloading.
- After that, it will install automatically in your mobile.
How to Use mAadhar App ?
The most important thing before using mAadhar is that your Aadhaar number should be registered with your mobile number. Only registered mobile number can open mAadhaar app for that Aadhaar card holder.
- First of all, Open mAadhar app.
- Create a password before importing Aadhar profile in mobile.
- Now, you need to enter your 12 Digit Aadhaar number.
- Then, Enter verification code sent to your mobile number.
- After that, your Aadhar card will open in your phone with all the details.
- Here you can update your profile if you want so.
What you can do with mAadhaar App ?
- Aadhaar Number Holder Profile Download: You can see full details of card holder like name, date of birth, address and photo linked to Aadhaar card.
- Biometric locking/unlocking: The app comes with a biometric locking/unlocking feature to secure the personal data. Once a user enables the locking system, the app remains locked till he/she chooses to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or disable the locking system.
- TOTP Generation: The app has the facility to generate Time-based One-Time Password which can be used in place of one time password (OTP).
- Profile Updation: User can update his/her profile but only after successful completion of request.
No need to carry hardcopy of your Aadhaar with you everywhere. From today onwards, Your Aadhaar will be in your smartphone. It is a good initiative by Government of India and Unique Identification Authority of India to make Digital India.
That’s all for now. Hope this will help you. share it with your loved ones so that they can also know about mAadhar app.